Thursday 17 January 2008

Thierry Henry. A true champion priority.

Does the way Arsenal play have anything in common with Barça? Do you think you will adapt quickly?

"For me, the priority now is to learn Castellano or Catalan because being able to communicate is very important, not just in the dressing room but day-to-day too. I want to know the culture, the Catalan people and the city. People say that Arsenal play good football and, as I have said before, I did not have to think to hard about this. I am just delighted to have come here and to be part of this great team."

Normally you like to play out wide. Do you have any preference where you play?

"I will play where the coach puts me because he will always do what is best for the team. When you play for a club like FC Barcelona, nobody can specify whether they want to play here or there. You have to think about the team. It is not about how one player plays in a certain place. In the last World Cup the coach asked me to play up front on my own and that is not something that I like to do, but I understood that it was for the benefit of the team and I did that. What is really important is the situation and to ensure tat what you do on the field benefits the team."

No comments: